Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Max Trailer

This may seem out of the ordinary since its not really my type of movie, but I really wanted to say something about this movie because I feel like it could either be just a phenomenal movie... or a really crappy movie. And that's a shame. Check out the trailer.


If you're not on the verge of tears before the first minute of this trailer is over, you probably have no soul.

This is probably going to be a really short post, but I haven't been posting very consistently, I wanted to give you a little bit so this month isn't completely cut short.

In short, I really like half of this trailer. The first half of this trailer sets up the plot of the movie really well. A marine in Afghanistan is killed and the dog that he handles is just as distraught over it as the marine's family is. That's really something we haven't seen before. Its a perspective of war that we haven't been exposed to. On top of all of that, we have a very familiar story of a boy who loses a brother and has to cope with that. Doing that with a dog just adds a whole level of feels to it.

Up to a certain point, I was really amped for this movie. I was thinking it was going to make me cry, give me a perspective of PTSD in war dogs, just a pluthera of awesome things were coming out of this trailer.

And then they introduce the bad guy of the film.

Why put in a bad guy in this film? You've got a great premise. A drama of a kid dealing with his brothers death, a dog dealing with the loss of an owner. Their relationship and how they become friends. That's an entire movie right there... and I'm guessing that's only up to the second third of the movie. The last third is going to be this kid and the dog going out and solving mysteries, and I really hate it!

Now I'm only basing this off the trailer so I can't say too much, but what a waste of potential. This could have been a phenomenal drama, but when you needlessly add in some BS about a bad guy doing whatever, that was the point in the trailer where I wasn't as interested in the movie. Before it was a movie I was going to see no matter what, and now its more a movie I'll wait and see for the reviews to come out to see it. And that's a shame.

Again, this is all speculation, but my prediction is, that this could be either a really, REALLY great movie (I don't want to say Oscar contender cause its way too damn early) or it could be a really disappointing movie, which is a shame because its a very original idea and something we haven't really seen before.

Again, its a really short rant, I just saw this trailer and got so frustrated with the span of the emotions I had, from almost crying, to really pissed off. Especially when the kids friend said, "You have the Air Jordan of Dogs." STUPID LINE!

Anyway, give me your thoughts on the trailer. Comment and Discuss below or shoot me a tweet @cmhaugen24 and follow me on Twitter to get updates on movie news and reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment