Sunday, July 21, 2013

Superman vs. Batman in Man of Steel Sequel!

I am freaking out right now!


This! This right here is going to happen in the Man of Steel sequel! I am so angry that I didn't make a blog about this earlier because I predicted this weeks ago and now a bunch of people are making the prediction I made a few weeks ago before this was announced last night and I can't prove that I had the idea first!

But enough crying over that. I want to talk this awesome match up right here.

All I have to say is that it makes perfect sense. Look we know the story of Batman. Yeah by the time Man of Steel comes out it'll be 10 years since Batman Begins but it doesn't matter. Batman is the most successful DC character, financially of course, we've seen his origin story countless times before. Of course they'll have to give a little bit of his background in the sequel because Batman is going to be a main character in the Justice League movie but for this sequel its a great way to bring Batman back in, start the crossovers and make an awesome Man of Steel sequel.

Now they're not going to use Christian Bale because this is not the Batman from the Dark Knight Trilogy. Not only has Christian Bale said he won't be coming back, this would just confuse people. This has to be a different Batman apart from that Universe. Nolan set up a Batman universe that was grounded in an awesome reality. There was no Superpowers, no magic, nothing that couldn't be in the real world. And it kicked ass. But this will now be a Batman in a world where Superman, the Justice League exists. It can't be Bale. And I'm excited for that. I liked Christian Bale but in my personal opinion, that trilogy was never about Bruce Wayne. Batman Begins was the most but the things that are most known about that trilogy are the iconic villains it brought. Heath Ledgers Joker will always go down as one of the best villain performances ever. Tom Hardy's Bane was awesome. Christian Bale never struck me as the perfect choice for Batman, he was just a good big name actor who filled that role. I am in no way saying I didn't like Christian Bale as Batman, I just want to see an actor take over and really own the character of Bruce Wayne. Which is not an easy thing to do. As far as who I want to see in that role, I might want to see Michael Fassbender, however I feel like I am just becoming a fanboy of his and would put him in everything... because he's awesome. I would also be cool with Joseph Gordon-Levitt but he's not my first choice. Overall I'm not great at picking dream casts but I would be alright with either of those two to play this new Batman.



This was the symbol released at Comic-con. At first glance I'm not the biggest fan of the new Batman symbol. Its a small criticism but I just don't want Batman to be too campy in this sequel. Of course he's not going to be the same Batman as he was in the Dark Knight Trilogy and he has to be a little bit exaggerated to go toe to to toe with Superman, but I'm just not a big fan. Maybe its the lighting, I don't know. We'll have to see. 

"I want you to remember, Clark. In all the years to come. In all your most private moments. I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you," 

This was the quote given at Comic-Con. I assume its a line from the new movie. This makes me think that there will be a point where Batman is on the verge of beating Superman in the movie. These two are going to face one another in this film. 

Now here's my theory on the plot of the sequel. Metropolis had its ass handed to itself when Superman fought Zod. A billionaire named Lex Luthor is helping rebuild the city and also running a smear campaign of Superman. He recruits the help of another billionaire by the name of Bruce Wayne over in Gotham. Bruce Wayne joins the campaign because he thinks humanity doesn't need the help of an alien from Krypton. (Possibly he thinks the evidence stands in the form of a caped Crusader over in Gotham)
Lex Luthor on the other hand wants to get rid of Superman because he's got illegitimate business going ons that Superman is disrupting with his campaign against crime and injustice in the world. So the smear campaign goes awry when a villain comes to Metropolis and starts fucking shit up. But of course, Superman saves the day but he does it in a way that protects Metropolis and doesn't decimate everything like in the first one, because Superman has learned since then. Superman puts this villain away and everyone starts liking him again. Bruce Wayne is still not convinced but he knows the campaign will not work anymore. So he figures the best way is to show the world that Batman is a better hero for the world because he's just an ordinary man. He dawns the cowl and does overtime with the crime fighting. Well Superman gets wind of this guy dressing up like a Bat so he flies over to Gotham and is like "You shouldn't do this, I got this." Batman is like "Screw off" Then the two have their battle. Because Batman is a master tactician, he knows this was going to go down so he manages to "beat" Superman and capture him in the Batcave. I think at this point Bruce Wayne leaves Superman but Lex Luthor figures out that not only is Bruce Wayne Batman, but he's got Superman locked up in the Batcave. So he decides to capitalize on this by releasing the villain Superman defeated before. Batman goes off and tries to fight this villain but he loses. Somehow someone needs to find Superman. I could see Lois Lane doing a story on the Batman and somehow finds the Batcave. Or Alfred releases Superman, whatever, someone releases Superman because that villain is going around fucking shit up. He goes off, fights the bad guy. Saves Batman and the two kick the villains ass. They still don't really like each other but they realize that an alliance between the two, an alliance between humans and aliens is better for the world than one or the other. Teaser for the Justice League and end credits. 

This is my barebones prediction for the Man of Steel sequel. It allows the two to fight but ultimately join forces. It allows the audience to see the bad side of Lex Luthor but he gets away to be the main villain another day. This is just my take on it. What do you think? 

I'm probably going to write more on this the more information comes out about it but I wanted to get my theory out for this new sequel. 

I want your thoughts. Who do you think should be the villain of the new Man of Steel? Who do you think should play Bruce Wayne? Shoot me a comment let me know. 








No comments:

Post a Comment