Friday, November 28, 2014

STAR WARS 7 TRAILER!!!!!

Okay. I told myself I wasn't going to watch this trailer. I said I was only going to stop at the casting news and that's it... but the minute I saw a thumbnail on someone else's wall of the trailer, I couldn't resist. My friend said it didn't give anything away, it was just awesome. I took his word for it... and what did I get?


Actual mind blown!



I just sat there in awe for a good thirty seconds before I watched it again... and again... and again... even while I'm writing this post, I'm watching it again and again, and again.

Though the more I watch it, the more I realize, nothing happens in this trailer... at all...

Literally, they show some stormtroopers, you see John Boyega. You see who I think is Daisy Ridley riding a speeder biker, all on Tattooine. You also see a cool ass soccer ball droid. Then you see who I believe is Oscar Issacs in an X-Wing, flying much faster then we've ever seen X-Wings fly...

Then we see a hooded figure walking in the woods, he stops and he draws a lightsaber... but not just any lightsaber, a cross-saber, a light saber with little blades sticking out of the side perpendicular to the main blade. All of this with a voice over saying, "There Has Been an Awakening... Have you felt it? The Dark Side... and the Light...

Then you see possibly one of the greatest flying shots of the Millenium Falcon flying over Tattooine. They get shot at by tie-Fighters. All to the glorious chorus that make me pee myself just a little.

All finished up by the classic Title with The Force Awakens. I never did a post on the new title for the 7th Star Wars film but its called The Force Awakens. For me its not that big of a deal when a movie has a title announced because frankly I've thought all the titles have been cool. Even the Phantom Menace, while it didn't make sense was a sweet title. A title doesn't tell me anything about the movie so why get worked up over it?

So nothing at all happens in this trailer. We are just about as in the dark as we were yesterday except this time, we know there is actually a Star Wars movie going to happen.

Its no longer an obscure cast sitting around a table for the first time, this is John Boyega in a Stormtrooper costume, Oscar Issacs in a Rogue Leader costume. Daisy Ridley... there.

And that's the brilliant thing of this trailer. It doesn't answer any questions I wanted answers to. Answers to questions like, What does Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher look like in this new movie, where is Luke? There is almost no connection to the older films in this movie, even the Stormtroopers look a little foreign...

And then you see those X-Wings, but its a very quick shot... then you see a lightsaber and you think, ehhh... maybe... AND THEN YOU SEE THE MILLENIUM FALCON and you start to cry.

They did a really good job with this trailer. Its showing, Disney has something new coming your way. This isn't going to be your old Star Wars... but at the same time, it is.

I don't know, maybe I'm reading into it too much. All I know is I have thirty more questions about this movie then before I came in. Why are there Stormtroopers? Why is John Boyega dressed as one? Why is there an astromech droid on a soccer ball? What's happening on Tattooine? What are those X-Wings flying towards? WHY THE FUCK WOULD ANYBODY NEED SMALL TINY BLADES ON THE SIDE OF THEIR LIGHTSABER? WHAT THE FUCK IS A CROSS-SABER?!?!?!

As you can see I'm so excited about this trailer. Is it the best trailer ever made? The nostalgic child in me screams yes. The critic in me says no. Again, its a teaser trailer. It wasn't suppose to give any answers. The point of it was to say, THERE'S A NEW STAR WARS MOVIE COMING OUT IN A LITTLE OVER A YEAR! GET EXCITED! COME SEE IT! That's all. And they got me.

Any doubts I had about bringing back a franchise that honestly, probably doesn't need to be brought back, any doubts I had about old Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill coming back to fight the dark side, any doubts I had about Star Wars being helmed by Disney, All of that OUT THE FUCKING WINDOW!

There is no doubt in my mind I will go into this movie excited, and with very high expectations. You bring back my childhood, you had better damn well bring it back the best way it can be brought back.

I have no idea what to expect, I have no idea what is to come, All I know is it had better be damn good.

If you're interested in the earlier posts I've done on the Castings, Cannon and other rumors, here you go.
Cast
More Cast!
Canon
Standalone Films

Needless to say I am so excited for this film, I am already on my fifth post talking about it.

Which means its unfortunate because I'm predicting this will be my last post on this movie for a little over a year until it comes out.

I told myself I was going to go into the new Star Wars films with no pretense. No spoilers, no hints at anything that is going to happen. I'm just going to go and see the movie for what it is.

I've already bent that rule by watching this trailer, but I'm lucky that this wasn't anything, again, nothing happened in this trailer.

I am going to stick to that from now on. As much as it will be painful, I will not watch, read, hear, anything more about Star Wars until I am sitting in the theater ready to watch the 7th installment. Now if I'm bored and want to start theorizing, I might, but it will be total conjecture, and not based off anything... which I don't usually do... so don't expect much of those.

But this way the movie will be even more the experience when I finally see it. So this is it. This had better hold me over till December. I'm going to be busting at the seems come that time.

So have you seen the new Star Wars Trailer? If not, scroll to the top and watch it! Let me know what you think. Comment and Discuss Below!

No comments:

Post a Comment