Friday, July 3, 2015

Non-Stop


Liam Neeson is just a gem. Whether its in Taken, or a cameo in Ted 2, or just anything. Anytime Liam Neeson is on screen, I love it. What I love about the guy is that he's got a wide variety of achievements. He's done incredibly serious movies like Schindler's List. He's done incredibly ridiculous movies like Taken. He's done silly movies like A Million Ways to Die in the West, the list goes on.

And what's more is that he's an action hero icon. Yeah A Walk Among The Tombstones was just a grittier and dark Taken, but it was a good film nonetheless because Liam Neeson is amazing. And now we have Taken... on a plane with Non-Stop.

Non-Stop is the story of a US Air Marshal by the name of Bill Marks. Marks is an alcoholic, he's depressed. He's your pretty typical hero with a dark past storyline. He's complex, but hey, its Liam Neeson so its okay.

Marks boards a plane going from New York to London. While in the air, Marks gets a text message on a Federal network saying that unless Marks transfers 150 million dollars to an unknown account, every twenty minutes someone on the plane will die.

And so begins the game of cat and mouse of Marks trying to figure out who on his plane is playing this game with him and who he can trust.

And that's basically the movie.

Marks is trying to unravel this mystery before any more people die and he runs across a series of suspects. From the mysterious woman sitting next to him (played by Julianne Moore) to the NYPD officer (played by Corey Stoll) to the flight attendants (played by Michelle Dockery and Lupita Nyong'o).

I really wish I could say more about this film but the honest truth is that that's it!

The things that I love about recent Liam Neeson films is that there isn't too much else to them. They're just simple and to the point. I really don't think that this movie is setting up for any kind of franchise or sequel. In this day and age, I wouldn't be surprised if they did do a sequel but I think this movie is entertaining on its own.

Now, is this movie a brilliant movie? No. Like I said, its pretty simple. There's a few twists and turns but its pretty standard.

I really liked the paranoia and the games the villain of the movie plays with Marks in this film. Its a really creative idea but I can't say it lends itself to anything beyond a one shot film.

Are the physics in the movie ridiculous? Of course they are. Is the movie ridiculous itself, of course it is. But its just a down right fun ride. The performances in the movie are entertaining and the twists and turns are a lot of fun.

The fact of the matter is that you really don't need to think about Non-Stop that much. Sure its not exactly the best written but its not meant to be an Oscar winning.

Liam Neeson knows how to entertain and he's a great action star. There's really not that much else to say about Non-Stop. Its a movie you can turn on and just have fun with whether its the beginning, middle, end. Just strap in for a fun ride.

I know its a short review but I obviously can't say anything bad about this movie. That's not that there aren't bad things in this movie. Its really kind of a mediocre film. But anything bad in this film is not really worth mentioning because the movie knows what it is. Its an action film that you just need to turn your brain off during and just have fun with.

I feel bad but there's not much else to say, but what did you think of Non-Stop? Comment and Discuss below! You can also follow me on Twitter @cmhaugen24 to get updates on movie news and reviews. There you can also send me your thoughts on this movie and give me your requests for future reviews.

I'll leave you with this. I would not want to ever run into Liam Neeson in a dark alley. I definitely wouldn't want to face him in an arm wrestle. Jimmy Fallon tried. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment