Thursday, February 18, 2016

Final Batman v Superman trailer


Can this movie come out already?

We are just over a month away from the movie I have been excited about for way too long, ever since they announced it at comic-con back in 2013(?) I have been psyched for this movie. And we’re getting closer and closer and I’m losing my mind in excitement.

This is my most anticipated movie of 2016, more than Rogue One, more than Civil War, I am so excited for this movie.



Even after the last trailer that came out that showed Doomsday, I was excited for this movie still. I thought it wasn’t exactly a great trailer but it still got me pumped, it still had some good moments to it.


And now, they’re back to the parts that everyone is excited about and that is Batman fighting Superman, and this trailer was what the last trailer should have been.

The opening scene of this trailer is Batman doing his Batman-ing stuff and he’s flying in on the Batwing, he’s got Alfred (played by Jeremy Irons) in his ear, and he just kicks a crap ton of ass in the most brutal Batman fight sequence we’ve seen… and this is just the trailer.

Where the comic-con trailer was a trailer more focused on the struggles of Clark Kent deciding what kind of superhero he’s going to be, this is more focused on Batman’s quest to take Superman down. And this was something that I was calling for back when the comic-con trailer came out. I wanted to see Batman’s trailer and see how the two juxtapose one another.

The majority of this trailer is a bunch of quick shots so I don’t think this is going to be that long of a post, but there are a couple great moments worth mentioning.

Wonder Woman speaks

I think people are finally starting to warm up to Wonder Woman based on all of the footage we’ve seen of her from the BvS trailers and the footage we saw on the CW of the new Wonder Woman movie. However, we haven’t heard her talk yet and we finally do.

It’s not anything crazy, she has one line and while it’s trailer fodder, it’s not a bad line. I am just becoming more and more excited for Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman that I’m thinking she might become the subject of intrigue by the end of the movie. I think people are going to be clamoring for a Wonder Woman movie as soon as possible after this.

At least I hope.

Batman in general

From the opening scene to the rest of the trailer, this trailer was set up to be Batman’s trailer.
This Batman is going to be a brutal Batman with no restraint. He tries to run Superman over with the Batmobile and bounces off of him like a ping pong ball. This was something we’ve seen before but it was totally made up for with everything Batman does in this trailer.

In a way, the same way Batman was kind of the “bad guy” in the comic-con trailer, Superman is almost portrayed as the “bad guy” in this trailer and I love it. And of course it leads to the best part of the trailer.

Batman blocking Superman’s punch

The look that Henry Cavill gives is priceless, Batman looks menacing, its just a great scene that I’m sure will just be awesome in the actual movie. And it totally connects the arc throughout this trailer that shows that Batman at first try will probably be beaten by Superman… but all Batman needs is time and strategy and he’s on par if not better than Superman…


I am so pumped.

One last thing I will mention is that there was a distinct lack of Dawn of Justice allusions in this trailer outside of Wonder Woman popping up. No Doomsday, no Aquaman, this trailer is going back to the part that people are excited for, Batman v Superman.

However, we can’t really forget that Dawn of Justice is an element of this movie. Doomsday is still
going to show up. There are allusions to Darkseid and Apocalypse and there is the whole Wonder Woman appearing to help them do battle. As much as we’d like to say this movie is just a one on one fight between Batman and Superman, I’m nervous because everything that has come out about the “second half” of this movie, the Dawn of Justice side, has not been received very well.

I’m only worried that this movie has so much riding on it to set up a franchise and set up an expanded universe that it will fall into the same trap The Amazing Spider-man 2 did where so much was riding on it and it was stretched into too many directions.


This trailer shows us we have, at the very least, a great half of a movie focused on Batman versus Superman.

Like I said this is going to be a short rant but stay tuned because I will have another post about Batman v Superman coming up right after this. But what do you think about the final Batman v Superman trailer. Are you excited for this film? Comment and Discuss below! You can also send me your thoughts on Twitter @cmhaugen24 as well as requests for future movie reviews. If you follow me on Twitter you can get updates on future movie news and reviews. 

I'll leave you with this. I'm looking so forward to this movie because of course there's going to be a great battle on How it should have ended. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment