Friday, April 17, 2015

Star Wars The Force Awakens Trailer Reaction


So... I broke my rule again.

I had kind of forgotten that I told myself after the last trailer that I wasn't going to watch any more trailers, will not read anything more into the story or anything for Star Wars: The Force Awakens...

But then I saw Han and Chewy in the thumbnail and I couldn't resist.

So the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer dropped yesterday and after I saw it, there was nothing to make my day bad. I was in a good mood for the rest of the day.

Its freaking Star Wars!

So this is another teaser trailer which I was happy about. I think the less they share about this movie, the more I will be amazed in December when I'm in the theaters watching it, the more enjoyment I will get out of this film.

The truth is, there's just too many great shots in this trailer. I think I loved almost every moment of it.


I mean... god damn that's just pretty. 

And then you have a voice over of Luke from Jedi saying, "The Force is strong in my family. My father had it, I have it, my sister has it, You have it too."

All while a shit load of images that are just too awesome go by. 


You've got Darth Vader's burned up helmet. You've got what I can assume is Luke putting his awesome robotic hand on R2-D2. You've got him handing a woman a lightsaber that is or looks a helluva lot like Anakin's lightsaber which Obi-Wan gave to Luke, but he also lost.

After that voiceover, you have X-wings flying up and Oscar Isaacs doing the classic Star Wars WOO HOO! with the swell of John Williams in the background. It was that moment that the trailer had me. Something about John Williams just gets me every time.

But then you just have shit load of awesome images from this crazy Sith dude.


To images of John Boyega and Daisy Riddley running and the new Storm Troopers

Something worth mentioning in this trailer is that, along with the Storm Troopers looking different
than in the past, a look I'm still kind of getting used to, the Empire symbol in the background is not the traditional symbol of the Empire we've seen in the past. Which makes me believe that the Empire is not what it used to be.

Its very possible that, in order to survive, they are messing with crazy Sith dude from above and the Empire is going to be more evil than we could possibly imagine.

Lots of other cool images. more Daisy Riddley, more John Boyega. Some shots of Tie fighters, Chrome troopers, all that good awesome shit. And then of course... There's the money shot.


Again, everything in this trailer is amazing that I am convinced that they could have had a 5 second shot of anything. The crazy Sith dude doing his force push thing, The storm troopers doing their turning bit, even the shot of the little soccer ball droid poking his head around the corner and I think people, myself included, would go nuts. 

But its this shot with Harrison Ford and Peter Mayhew, in Chewbacca garb and everything, and Han Solo saying, "Chewy, We're home!" It just made me lose it. Again, its the reason I was not match for this trailer and there was not a question that i was going to watch it. 

In short, its amazing. 

The more and more I see of this movie, the more and more I'm excited about it. 

I've already written a lot of stuff on this movie so far so if you need a reference here you go


Something that has always been a theme throughout all those posts however has been the slight reservation I have of these movies. I used to have a lot more reservations about this movie, but the more I see, the more I'm proven wrong. 

Worried about the original cast? Han looks phenomenal. 
Worried about J.J. Abrams? I think the last trailer might have made me a little bit worried that this was now J.J's Star Wars, and it definitely is. But there was something more familiar about this trailer. It definitely has a different feel to it, but I think seeing Han and Chewy just made it a little bit more familiar. 
There's a lot of things I could say that I'm worried about but those worries are going away every time I see that trailer. I think by this point I am 99% sure this movie is going to be amazing. The last 1% can only be assured by the movie itself. 

In short, I'm ready for December. 


No comments:

Post a Comment