Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Numbers Station


If I recall correctly, this movie came out around the same time as The Source Code. In fact I thought this movie was The Source Code for a long time. And then I saw it wasn't the Source Code so I didn't watch it for a long time. But I'm getting into that part of summer where I start watching shit.

From what I understood of The Numbers Station, there are a series of stations across the globe that the United States uses to transmit orders to their assets across the globe. These orders are transmitted by a series of numbers. The numbers, once decoded are thrown away.

Well one of those assets is John Cusack. He's a CIA operative who is just kind of sick of what he does.

After a mission gone pretty wrong, Cusack is reassigned to a station where the very numbers he had been using before were being broadcasted. He's assigned to protect Malin Ackerman who is a dispatcher who transmits the message. I would call her her real name but I don't know what it is, also I don't really care.

When the station is attacked. The two need to reveal the mystery behind the circumstances as to how the other team of  the dispatcher and guard were killed.

Thats a pretty short explanation for what seemed like a really long movie.

I don't think I've ever been so bored in a spy espionage thriller ever. And now that I think about it, this could have been a really interesting storyline.

If you've played Call of Duty: Black Ops, you'll know there's a great story stemming from a sequence of numbers. I won't spoil it if you haven't figured it out for yourself but even without the idea of it being a video game, the idea is very interesting. To say that for 70 years the CIA has been transmitting orders to their assets via a secret number sequence. That's actually really interesting.

But dear lord was this movie boring. They get attacked once and then the rest of the movie is uncovering what happened to the other operators of the station all while terrorists or someone trying to get it or something and then a secret of whether or not John Cusack is going to kill Malin Ackerman... because... you know... the CIA is evil.

I'm not a big fan of John Cusack at all. I think he peaked with Being John Malkovich and even that was a little bit weird. I don't buy him as someone who would work for the CIA. Malin Ackerman is boring as hell and sure, there were a couple shots of her boobs that looked good but c'mon lets give the woman  a little more to do that just shots of her boobs. I'm not an animal.

Let's not forget this happened.

Now you may be wondering why I'm bringing up images from other mediums, video games, movies, etc. Rather than showing pictures from the movie.

The truth is, there's not really much to this movie at all. John Cusack goes on a mission, it goes wrong. He goes to the station, that goes wrong. They chill in the station for a while, then they both get shot but they live. The End.

I don't know if they were trying to go for a moral of life is precious and the CIA shouldn't kill people but if they were, it was a really shitty moral because John Cussack shoots like 3 people in this film. In this boring... boring film.

That's all I can say. Don't waste your time on this movie. Its not Source Code. Its boring. If you want to see Malin Akerman (yeah I've been spelling it wrong) go watch Watchmen. Yeah its still not the best Superhero film but its a whole hell of a lot better than this piece of shit.

The Numbers Station is horrible movie that I feel I wasted time watching. Usually I'm not this harsh but dear lord this movie was boring.

So have you seen The Number's Station? Did you think it was Source Code? What did you think of The Number's Station. Comment below!

I'll leave you with this. A Scene from the only good John Cusack movie I've seen. Being John Malkovich. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment