Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Yet another dream cast post: Batman

Now I've done multiple posts on my excitement for the sequel to Man of Steel.


I've done my pickings for the Justice League but in light of the recent news about what kind of actor they are looking for for the new Batman.

According to multiple sources, Zach Snyder is collaborating with Frank Miller the writer of the Dark Knight Returns Comic, the comic in which the iconic quote read at the Comic-Con announcement derives from.


Well the sources also claim that Snyder will be looking for a Batman in his forties. Instead of having a Bruce Wayne just starting up as the caped crusader, he's going to be a Veteran Superhero. Of course, these are just rumors.

Now this comes out along with rumors that Tyler Hoechlin is doing screen tests. 

On Hoechlin, I can't really say whether or not Hoechlin would be a good Batman. I hadn't heard of him before he was announced to be doing screen tests. I think he would look good opposite to Henry Cavill. But that's really all I can say in defense of Hoechlin. I can't say his acting will work well cause I don't want to go watch Teen Wolf. If they cast him, I won't hate the decision but I hope they put a lot of thought and are totally sure he can pull off the role.

I personally think that going for a more seasoned Batman is the correct way to go. It gives Bruce Wayne even more experience in a versus match against the Man of Steel. It will show Superman that it takes more than his super strength to win the hearts of humans he's meant to protect. This could be accomplished with a younger actor but I think the older role is a better way to go.

Now rumors that I understand were just that, rumors point towards older actors like Josh Brolin, Max Martini (and oddly Ryan Gosling, isn't he in his thirties?) But one name jumped out at me and even though its a rumor, I'm glad some people are gravitating towards it.

It's Richard Armitage
Now if you read my Justice League picks, Batman came to a tie with Richard Armitage and Michael Fassbender. I think both would be absolutely fantastic to be Bruce Wayne but I tend to be tilting towards Armitage these days. 

Fassbender would be great and I'd be ecstatic if they went with him. However he doesn't exactly fit the older seasoned Batman role. Could he? Of course he could. But I think Armitage could play a Batman that has been doing the crime fighting role for a while and is ready to put this new caped hero in his place. 

A concern I have is his ability to produce an American accent but that doesn't worry me too much. The other one might be that I don't know how active of an actor Armitage is. I believe he can do action but can he do it to the degree that is needed for Batman. 

Regardless of the concerns, I want Armitage on this role. I think he's a lot better choice than Josh Brolin and I hope that was just a huge rumor.

Whoever they choose, as you can tell, I am super psyched for the sequel to Man of Steel and it isn't even 2014. 

So what're your thoughts? Who do you think the next Batman should be? Comment below and let me know 





No comments:

Post a Comment